Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kelly Wearstler

Unless you’re a design aficionado, a Hollywood insider, or a long-time reader of Playboy, chances are you’ve never heard of Kelly Wearstler, the centerfold model turned interior designer who has placed her undeniable style on the swankiest hotels and homes from L.A. to Anguilla.


I first found out about Kelly when I was invited to join 1stdibs as one of their antique dealers. As a featured designer on 1stdibs, she has gained a lot of exposure lately, including catching the attention of Oprah and People Magazine and gracing the cover of our beloved and very much missed, Domino Magazine. Last year, the New Yorker ran a 4,000-word profile about Wearstler, dubbing her the “presiding grand dame of West Coast interior design.”

There’s nothing subtle about Wearstler’s designs. You either love it or not. They’re bright. They’re bold. They’re daring. They’re not to be ignored. Personally, I admire them and find them to be works of arts and inspiring, especially when combined with antique elements (which she does).

But you be the judge.




I just adore the combination of the modern abstract wall painting with the elaborate architectural elegance of the winding staircase.
















The chandelier above, could very well be one of my very own... below (available on my 1stdibs store and New Orleans address).


To contact Kelly Wearstler or see more of her collection, go here.

8 comments:

  1. wow Id certainly love to visit But id need some pretty impressive food to compete with the decrorations dont you think Thankyou fay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Kelly's "take no prisoners" approach to color and combining that which appeals to her. It really works sometimes... other times I think for me it is over the top.

    xoxo Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fay, how lovely for you to stop by! I agree with you!

    Dear Kit, I'm so "pale hues" but I so respect her bold use of colors. You are right.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her style is so in your face! Not sure if I could live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing. Bulk SMS in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Bulk SMS in Pune

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    Plafonniers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Nice article ! great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Promote your business brands with bulk SMS marketing, contact us at +917404900081
    Bulk sms Service provider in India
    Bulk sms service provider Spain
    Promotional SMS
    Transactionalsms

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.