Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christian Dior Christmas Tree and Other Fabulous Trees

It's that time of year again when everyone is inspired to do their very best holiday decorations. This post is dedicated to some really innovative Christmas trees which have really caught not only my attention but those from around the world.

Take Christian Dior's creative director John Galliano. Every year, he designs and builds the Christmas Tree at London's luxury Claridge Hotel. Every year, I love to see the unveiling of this tree as it is truly a work of art.

This year, John was inspired by the ocean and created this "Under the Sea" christmas tree. Although I am a traditional christmas tree kind of gal, I can so appreciate this beauty!


The details of the underwater sea life are amazing!

In 2009, John Galliano's tree was equally as impressive. This one was inspired by the jungle.



It almost has a whimsical, Harry Potter look to it, doesn't it?

But there are other non-traditional christmas trees that I must admit, I find truly beautiful and innovative.

Take this Orchid tree on display at the National Museum of Art (2006).


I find this one very Dr. Seuss-like.

Or take Soo Kee's Jewelry's christmas tree made of clear crystals and close to a thousand carats of diamonds literally worth 1.55 million dollars!


Can you imagine this baby in your living room????

But other simpler ones can be just as attractive.


Here's a eco-friendly plywood tree designed byAustralian design team, Bruno North.


Or this one made out of wood blocks and candles. Imaginative and simply perfect in this minimalistic decor.


Even this tree branch Christmas tree is beautiful in this modern decor.

If you have a unique Christmas tree, I'd love to hear all about it. I find Christmas trees to be beautiful no matter their size, shape or style. For just a few weeks out of our busy year, they become the gathering place for many of us. A place that is magical regardless of your age.

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty,pretty,beautiful post,dear Karina:-)*

    Oh,my...I see this John Galliano design tree,that's so adorable!!!

    Thank you so very much for share all these whimsycal trees!

    Much Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violetta, where have you been???? I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post with amazing trees, Karina!

    kiss
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was younger I always wanted to be a mermaid, and that tree makes me want to be one even more so! This year I went with my first faux tree...I fell in love with it because it looks like a tree covered in hoarfrost first thing in the morning. We covered it in white, clear and silver ornaments and now I feel like I have my own little winter wonderland in my living room!

    And I'm so happy to let you know that you won my giveaway! Email me your address and I'll get your little pretty out in the mail to you on Monday.

    xoxo
    Hope Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karina I made this tree for my shop in Brisbane QLD Australia www. whitefrench.com.au Ilove your site as you and i like same decor xxxxBeverley

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    Plafonniers

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.