Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Listings on 1stdibs!



"I'm late, I'm late, For a very important date. No time to say 'Hello.' Goodbye. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

Who can forget the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland? Captured here in plaster with detailed carvings on the face and hands. Gorgeous, silk taffeta dress with amazing attention to detail from the wire whiskers down to the lace in the puffed sleeves, neck and pantaloons. Silk white stockings and black shoes and the King of Hearts hand painted on a wooden playing card. Hand made by an artist for the children's ward of a New Orleans' hospital, White Rabbit was found with his side kick, "Humpty Dumpty," which has already been sold.

Isn't it absolutely magnificent? Look at the exquisite details of this piece!











This and other beautiful new pieces just loaded on my 1stdibs storefront.

Have a wonderful weekend wherever this post finds you.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Karina .... he is absolutely exquisite! I love the White Rabbit and this fellow is stunning and the attention to detail! I love Alice in Wonderland and especially the white rabbit. I am still having all sorts of troubles with blogger ... we are in Brisbane and on our way to Paris tomorrow .... I just wanted to touch base and say how lovely it would be if you were there as well! I will have a macaron and glass of bubbles just for you! bon nuit dear friend
    best wishes always
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karina that is the most fabulous thing ever!! As my blog name indicates I am very much in love with anything Alice in Wonderland, and I have always particularly loved the White Rabbit. How I wish I could have him come to live in my home! Sigh....you find the loveliest things...

    xoxo
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Fran, I'll be in Paris the first week in November! But I know how much you've been looking forward to this trip with your family. Enjoy!

    Hope Ava, the White Rabbit is truly spectacular. He caught my eye when I saw it and couldn't part with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.