Wednesday, March 3, 2010

1st Dibs

Just wanted to let everyone in on some exciting news (well, at least I think it's exciting). disegno Karina Gentinetta is now on 1st dibs. If you don't see one of the items you loved in my Etsy shop, it's probably because it is now on 1st dibs. Getting on 1st dibs was one of my goals (next to going back up to Serro Lopez and this time SEEING the snow) and I think I stalked the 1st dibs people so much that they finally let me in. I feel like I've joined some elite group! No worries, I'm still the same old self.

And I should mention -- I've been thinking about this and I tell you, I've been so upset about everyone who has expressed how much they love my pieces and hope to one day be able to afford them. Listen, there is nothing that pleases me more to hear how much you love the same things I do. Each and every one of my pieces is hand selected and upcycled by me. I try really hard to stay within the really affordable range but, by the time I buy a piece, restore it, paint it (to where it mimics it's original paint or style), choose the right fabric for it and upholster it, it takes a lot of investment not to mention love and commitment. Still, it has always been my aim and dream to make these beautiful things available to anyone and everyone who appreciates their beauty. So please know, that if there is any piece that you truly adore, I will be happy to work with a payment plan or layaway. I rather my pieces go to people who will appreciate them for their beauty and keep them and pass them along to the next generation.

Well, I've got to run out to pick up my children from school. Talk to all of you soon.





My newest treasures (completely restored and reupholstered in a simple organic muslin) available on 1st dibs.

12 comments:

  1. This new chaire is adorable,dear Karina!-)))
    Sofisticated,chic,just an beauty...

    Love and care,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina,
    Absolutely excellent! Everything looks fantastic on your link with 1st Dibs! I am so happy for you that you were accepted and that you reached this goal!

    And this chair is exquisite.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, are those the same chairs that arrived the day I was at your store? If so, that is an amazing transformation and they look exquisite! Congratulations on being on 1st dibs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Stephanie. Remember the retro upholstery on them?

    Violetta, you are so kind!!

    Mandy, I couldn't have done it without you.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly admire you. Your shop and blog are always such an inspiration. Thank you, and I look forward to purchasing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Berlin Deluxxe, that is sweet of you to say so. If I'm an inspiration it's because of supporters like you who make me want to strive to be better and better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being on 1stdibs!!
    That is such a great site!
    The items you offer are absolutely beautiful AND knowing what it takes to get them to that state---your prices are fair.
    Sometimes people are totally oblivious to the effort, time and cash that a shopkeeper has to invest to keep great merchandise.
    Kudos to you, Karina---keep it up!!
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, thank you so much for your comment. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly this is the truth ... PLUS I believe if that same someone walked in and was able to behold the piece with their own eye ... that would sell them ... you simply cannot find pieces like these at the local furniture mom and pop stores ... everything now is particle board and composites ...even some stores claiming quality.

    I am certain you will sell these lovelies ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're selling your style, your eye, your talent and knowing what a good thing is. That's priceless. The item is the end result of your exquisite talent. Not everyone will 'get it'. Don't ever compromise that. Just my thoughts on your work and beautiful inventory of fine antiques and accessories.

    Dorothy-
    http://www.dorothyblumcooper.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so inspiring I found it after seeing your beautiful shop on etsy. I will be back again to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you be willing to give me any advice on how to get on first dibs? I sell powder compacts and cigarette cases and I would really love to get on :) http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Vintageandantiques12

    eleanor.ellieonline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.