Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We Interrupt This Busy Moment.....


I feel just terrible that I have not been able to post lately.  The good news is that I've been so busy creating and working that I sometimes forget to eat lunch.  I'm sure many of you can empathize!

Here are a few things that have been happening:

I am getting several pieces ready to ship in a container to Australia to my dearest friend Frances Russell of Beautiful Interiors and 18th Century Style who has been equally as busy designing some gorgeous homes.  I cannot wait to see the finished projects and seeing all of my pieces in their new Aussie homes.

More Magazine, the national magazine  for Women of Style and Substance (affluent, educated, sophisticated women) who did the feature on me in June 2012, completely surprised me by inviting me to be part of their national television show.  


Every year More produces a television special titled “Reinvent Yourself with More Magazine”and this year is their third annual, hour-long special, to be produced again this year by the award-winning production company Michael Young Media.  It is nationally syndicated and airs in November-December in over 80% of the markets nationwide, reaching an audience of about 1.5 million. The show consists of inspiring segments about various women who have reinvented their lives in some way. The show is hosted by Lee Woodruff, who is on CBS This Morning, and is the ultimate “More woman”.  Imagine how honored I was when they called me to be one of the women featured. 

We filmed part of the segment in New York (in my showroom at the 1stdibs floor in the New York Design Center) and the second part here in New Orleans.  I cannot tell you how much fun it was and how honored I am to be included.  I will let you all know soon when exactly it will air!

Between designing and restoring my own inventory (and I can't wait to show you some of my latest pieces), I've been working with some very talented designers throughout the country in furnishing some of their client's homes.  From Greenwich, CT, to New Jersey, to Miami, there is a bit of me and my pieces around the country and world (in fact, a fashion designer opening stores in New Zealand has incorporated some of my inventory).  Josephine's design line is absolutely stunning and I invite all of you to check her out.  She designs fashion for both Gregory Limited and Ricochet.  





Both Gregory Limited and Ricochet have online stores so hop on over and check Josephine's creations.  And if you happen to be in New Zealand, hop on over to their stores to also check out my furniture pieces that compliment the look of this gorgeous fashion line.

In between this and that, I also designed a hot new restaurant in the Warehouse District in New Orleans.  When Chef Manning, formerly of Clancy's Restaurant in Uptown, New Orleans (which I frequently a lot as a young law associate as I lived directly across the street from it!) asked a friend who asked Sean Cummings who he could recommend to design his new restaurant (which formerly housed Deanie's Seafood), Sean suggested me.  I wanted to crawl under a table and hide when I got the call as I had never formally designed a commercial space, much less in 1 month's time!  But, after breathing into a paper bag several times, I decided to take up the challenge.

So here is before....














And "Whoala!"  The after.....








The artwork on the walls were also done by me and are presently featured on www.KarinaGentinetta.1stdibs.com
















 The entrance.  Yes, I also have a green thumb.  





Every week I hand select the week's table flowers, something that I insist every table should have (even it I have to cut Rosemary sprigs from my own garden, which I do many times).


But what draws people to Annunciation Restaurant is its amazing food (the culinary talent of Chef Steven Manning).















Their wine list is exceptional, all hand selected by my husband and General Manager of the Annunciation, A.J. McAlear















(Photos courtesy of http://www.facebook.com/AnnunciationRestaurant)

And in between designing and keeping fresh flowers on the tables, I have been working on many of my own designs and restoring old pieces into gorgeous works of arts.  If you haven't yet checked out my new items on 1stdibs, here are some of my favorites.


Grotto Chair


Mad Men Sofa (1960s Dorothy Draper style Sofa completely restored and upholstered in a Silver Silk Taffeta with down cushions)


Murano Sputnik



Huge Original Painting by Karina Gentinetta



Large Hand Made Italian Sconces in Silver Finish (finished by me).  In fact, I had to fly to Greenwich, CT, to hand finish these babies in time for a dinner party with Goldie Hawn.


Detailed look



French Art Deco Mirror


Hollywood Regency Style Walnut Sideboard (over 9 ft. long!)



French Art Deco Sideboard in Black Walnut



Long Louis XVI bench or ottoman in completely restored and upholstered in French Indian fabric.



Amazingly thick and gorgeous Lucite Writing Desk with drawers





Black Lacquered Art Deco Sideboard


And in the midst of all this, there was Halloween....

I was "Jackie O', the Glamorous Witch of the Upper East Side"


And my little ones....


And another dog.....  Bonzo makes 4.


So forgive me for my absence from the Blogworld!  I've just been a tad bit busy.  But never too far away....

Hope you are having a beautiful day wherever this post finds you.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Karina, I was wondering what kind of magic you were working on! And here it is... wow! What you did with the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous. Looking at the "after" pictures, the décor remind me of the Parisian chic Brasserie - and the food... it's mouth watering, pity I am too far away, I would go to lunch this instant, it looks so appetizing! You are an amazing multi talented artist and a wonderful person. Your blog inspire me in many aspects of my life. Thank you for sharing ~ you deserve your blessings. With love from Rome (Italy) Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the how the restaurant turned out. It looks amazing. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.