Friday, June 18, 2010

Rug Crazy

Ever since I saw this photo of Jenna Lyon's dressing room, I've been obsessing about this chocolate striped rug. I mean, OBSESSING!!! I already have a couple of really gorgeous thread bare persian rugs like the one on top of this rug, but I need to have, cannot live without, the chocolate striped rug.



But, since most of us don't have neither the chocolate striped rug nor Jenna's pocket book, I've taken it upon myself to find a similar rug that still allows most of us to pay our kids' school tuition.

Enter my new best friend, the Dash & Albert Rug Company.

Founded in 2003, Dash & Albert boasts a collection of rugs that are as durable as they are beautiful and, most importantly, affordable. No kidding. A friend of mine has one of their stunning indoor/outdoor striped rug in her kids' playroom (the Gunnison style) and that thing can take any type of spill whatsoever. You just wipe it off and all is back to normal.

But aside from being practical and affordable, they are just plain beautiful. But don't take my word for it. Take a look for yourself. I'm already in love with the new Swedish Stripe for my own kids' playroom and the chocolate mattress ticking to layer with my broken in antique rug in the family room. They come in both hand woven cotton and in the outdoor/indoor. (Oh, and I love the dogs in the photo. One of them is actually Dash).



















And they have matching cotton throws and tote bags that are just sweet as anything.





So that was my obsession for today. It was a nice mental break from all the oil spill news.

6 comments:

  1. I love these! Thanks for the introduction to them! I'm off to visit their site and do a little obsessing myself . . .

    xo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gigi! They are truly great and for an animal lover like I am, they are indestructible (the outdoor/indoor ones).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,dear Karina!-)*

    I like you post SO much,realy!
    It looks amazingly realax and cozy...these oiutdoors and indoors!
    And the photos with a dogs is totaly beuty,just lovely...
    Thank you for share these,
    wish you a blissful summer’s fling dear Karina!

    Always with Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! Thanks so much for turning me on to this wonderful company! I have always felt that there were not affordable options for stylish rugs...it seems like they either cost a fortune or they're ugly!

    Have a lovely week!
    Hope Ava

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dash & Albert. I have five different small rugs of theirs in my house...all different and all so well priced.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.