Monday, November 28, 2011

Deck the Walls with Books

There is just something so beautiful about being surrounded by books -- lots and lots of them. Don't get me wrong. While I don't own one yet, I do appreciate the Nook and the Kindle and I've been told it has made everyone's life simpler and cleaner. But there is just something about books -- real, leather or paper bound, paper filled, colorful books. The more, the better.

What do you think?



I'm loving that chandelier amidst the library!




Ooooh, I could live here. That little alcove behind the drapes is perfect for curling up with a good book.




How neat would this be for a kids' study?








Hanging artwork on shelves adds drama and dimension to a bookshelf full of books.





Books add a vintage feel to this otherwise modern decor.




My next house must have a library like this with a courtyard in the middle!





How high can you go????












So very English....






So very New Orleans...but then again, this is my very own home (photos by New York Times).

We lost all our wonderful books as a result of the flooding in Hurricane Katrina, but we are slowly but surely rebuilding our library again.

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday.



1 comment:

  1. A part of my segment on the Nate Show that ended up on the living room floor went:
    Nate: "A home without books is like a body without a soul."
    Me: "Cicero."
    Audience: Clapped!

    WHEN are YOU shooting a 'House Proud' segment for the Nate Show? You'd get on easy peasy.

    xo

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.