Thursday, February 23, 2012

Great Design Hotel - Mamilla Hotel, Israel


Kids have the entire week off for Mardi Gras and I'm dashing around taking kids to soccer practices, dogs to get check ups, grocery shopping, antique shopping, meeting shippers to pick up sold treasures and take them to glamorous places, making sure new inventory makes its way safely to my showroom at the 1stdibs floor in Manhattan (New York Design Center), styling my showroom via remote access (you'd  be amazed how you can style a showroom via Skype!!) -- and loving every bit of my crazy life.

In one of those rare 15 minutes of "free time" while dashing to and fro, I logged on to Elle Decor just to get a deep breath of inspiration and sanity.  And I ran across this gorgeous image that I just needed to share with you.

I absolutely adore the juxtaposition of old and new, smooth and rough, traditional and modern.  Such drama, don't you think??  Fits right into my life!



Moshe Safdie and Piero Lissoni joined forces for this cutting-edge hotel (the Mamilla Hotel) overlooking Jerusalem’s Old City. A dramatic staircase and Lissoni’s sleek furnishings provide a stark contrast to the limestone structure.  So very lovely and inspiring.  Deep breath....

To see more of this gorgeous hotel, click here or check out the other design hotels featured this month in Elle Decor.  I think you too will find it inspiring.

Now off with my six year old daughter Roma to go roller bladding around City Park!

www.KarinaGentinetta.1stdibs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.