Thursday, February 16, 2012

New York Fashion Week 2012


I know, I know, I should be writing about interior design or showing you some gorgeous inspirational photos of antiques, or telling you about new inventory I'm restoring...  But with all the events that are going on right now, how can I not write about them or spread the news?  I mean, we have the Oscars, NY Fashion Week, the Westminster Dog Show (speaking of, did you see Martha Stewart's Chow, Genghis Kahn?).  Here they are the day before the Show having tea at the Plaza Hotel where they stayed.

I wonder what he's having?

Did I mention Mardi Gras is also going on just outside my door??????  How can anyone concentrate around here????

So interior design stuff will just have to wait for another day.   Today, I wanted to share with you the best dresses on the Fashion Week runway for all of you who, like me, did not make the travel team to NY.  I saw some of them as I was on the elliptical machine this morning at 8 a.m. watching The Today Show.  And I so loooooooooooooooove beautiful dresses and gowns!  So grab your cup of coffee, kick your stilettos off and watch the show.


A gorgeous green gown is presented at the Tadashi Shoji Fall 2012




Models present creations by Tadashi Shoji






The Japanese designer was inspired by the glamour of 1930s Shanghai for the Tadashi Shoji Fall/Winter 2012 collection 


Zac Posen (Wow!)






A beautiful, blush-colored gown from the Zac Posen






Cushnie et Ochs, a recent favorite of first lady Michelle Obama






Monique Lhuillier






Monique Lhuillier feathery gown








Carolina Herrera






Carolina Herrera






Altuzarra






Breathtaking Oscar de la Renta (predictably gorgeous!)








Oscar de la Renta







Jason Wu
The popular designer, loved by first lady Michelle Obama and Target shoppers, presented sultry, dark styles






Zang Toi (way to make an entrance!)




The ever popular and elegant Victoria Beckham






Victoria Beckham 2012 Collection






Nobody does preppy quite like Tory Burch






Denis Basso






Editor-in-Chief of Vogue, Anna Wintour, did not miss a beat.  

And neither did you!

Hope you enjoyed the show.



1 comment:

  1. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks.
    Plafonniers

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please don't be shy and share your thoughts.